Subject: For Action to COVID-19 OCPs for microbiology: Sharing SARS-CoV-2 viruses and sera with AURORAE to contribute to a collaborative study
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:36:48 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:         Operational Contact Points for COVID-19 (microbiology), Contact 
Points for Operations for COVID-19 (microbiology) in Western Balkans and 
Türkiye

Cc:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, National 
Coordinators, Observer National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases 
in Western Balkans and Türkiye, National Correspondents in Western Balkans 
and Türkiye

Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to take part in a collaborative study on 
SARS-CoV-2. Please find attached a proposal for sharing SARS-CoV-2 viruses 
and sera with AURORAE 
<https://www.rivm.nl/en/international-projects/aurorae>  to contribute to a 
collaborative study: Genetic and antigenic characterization of new 
circulating SARS-CoV-2 variants. The work is financed by ECDC through a 
framework contract.

Registration of SARS-CoV-2 samples Please register your interest to the 
study by 1 May 2024 by email to Bart Haagmans ([email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; cc: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]). SARS-CoV-2 samples and sera for phenotypic 
characterization can be registered at the website portal after May 1 
https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/RegistrationSARS-CoV-2Samples

Please read the newsletter carefully for the aims of the study and detailed 
process.

Best wishes,

ECDC respiratory viruses group and AURORAE

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.